Wednesday 25 April 2012

Inside Cave Concept

Exploring/comparing different colour hues with an inside cave shot. Focusing mainly on lighting to create the impact of the piece. Naturally, I will be using the top image for my film as it follows on from the previous "outside cave shot." I quite like the limited use of light reflecting on the barren rock-faces and blurring the silhouettes of the stalactites. This creates a real mood to the piece.

I think I prefer the top image, as the colour scheme isn't too bold, and embodies the greenish hues from the third image and elements of brown from the second. It creates a nice blend. I intend to animate light rays shining behind the stalactites in After Effects to include more depth and variation, whilst including some particles rising from the ground.

I may create some brushes in photoshop to add some texture to the floor of the cave, to contrast with the the smooth rock formations inside the cave. Some extra plant-life may be added around the left-side of the piece to balance out the composition. however I don't want to lose the barren, desolate feel of the piece.