Monday 23 April 2012

Underwater Cave Concept

A cave shot featured in the last half of my Third Year film, testing out different colour hues. I have decided to use the top image due to the complimentary colour scheme working better with the back/foregrounds. I created a brush on photoshop to texture the rock-face to give it a gritty, barren feel and the surrounding environment. I am aiming for simplicity in each layout I create; too much detail would stray away from the remoteness of each environment.

Essentially, the top image is more appealing colour-wise, as it maintains the "murkish", barren, underwater feel of the composition without embodying one singular colour. An array of greens and browns can be added to the painting to create more variation to the piece.

With each of my underwater scenes I intend to animate light rays shining through the water using After Effects and particles rising through the water. I will also create a lighting effect in After Effects to show the light reflecting off the rock faces.