Thursday 12 April 2012

Lighting Test/Flames

Important Note - due to Youtube compressing videos, some quality has been lost to my videos uploaded onto my blog. This was one of the first test renders for the start of my film. At the time I didn't have a vast knowledge of After Effects, so applying the effects and getting familiar with the programme took some getting used too. Compared to my later renders there is an obvious improvement. Anyway, in this clip, I am simply getting used to applying different effects to the image to achieve lighting. I have applied a Light Ray effect onto the house to make it flicker, and floating embers cascading from the ruined city using the Faded Sphere setting in Particle World.

However, both of these effects are much to sutble to seen in the clip and there is vast room for improvement. I also attempted to create mist floating infront of the city by creating a mask, feathering it out and turning down the opacity, however I did this a bit too much and the edge of the mask can be clearly seen drifting across the screen. I believe I should use a different approach at creating a much more effective mist in this piece.