Tuesday 1 November 2011

3rd Year Work

I have decided to work independently this year. My short film will be focussed on layout and environment. Each piece that I do will be detailed and I intend for my short film to have a story behind it, however the most important things I need to achieve is a sense of atmosphere through my use of colour and lighting. Here are some practise backgrounds which I started in October.



My first rough idea for a background. I am interested in fantastical/surreal settings. However this image was never completed due to it feeling a bit "flat."



I'm quite pleased with the use of colour and textures in this peice. The positioning of the trees create a sense of depth, and the use of beiges/dark greens give the image a moody feel.


A stereotypical image of a floating castle. I only did this to practise my skills at painting clouds/lighting ... due to my neglecting the detail on the castle.

One of the first ever developmental peices I started this year. I was originally going to set my film in a french bar, and the story was told through different light sources. I quite like the colours and overall feel of this peice.