Tuesday 1 November 2011

Concept Layouts

Here are two concept layouts for my film. They are just quick speed-paints, but I like the overall feel the to them. Once again I am experimenting with lighting and how it sets the scene. My only niggle is the lighting on the tree in the first image. I think only a dim halo of light ought to shine on the tree, blurring the outline as it shines from the fiery embers of the city. More light should be shining from the lights of the house, highlighting the bottom of the tree's branches. At the moment, I feel both pieces have quite an illustrative feel to them, due to the prominent outlines of the buildings enhancing their structure and bringing them into focus. I quite like the detail the thick outlines offer, however I intend to tone the outlines and give the pieces a more realistic/painterly edge.

Furthermore, my overall plan for my film is a slow pan-out from a room, gradually revealing the destruction of the city. Both pictures were done in Adobe Photoshop CS4