Monday 7 May 2012

Mountain Scene Renders

Important Note - due to Youtube compressing videos, some quality has been lost to my videos uploaded onto my blog.

The past few weeks have been quite hectic, drawing in each of the environments and rendering them out in After Effects. Here are two of the final renders of the Mountain Scene for my film. Due to encountering some problems with rendering and other issues with After Effects on my latptop, I have struggled to include some of the plug-in presets already installed on the University Computers, plus the rendering speed is a lot more effective and quicker.

With each of these renders, I have tried to focus on the simplicity of the environments, as well as drawing out subtle details in the backrgounds by way of simple alterations in After Effects. I will explain, thus:

Final Render

Overall, I am quite pleased with how this has turned out, although there is some room for improvement. I have toned down the opacity of the fog, allowing the foreground of the landscape to come into focus and the colours have a bit more contrast to them, so that it looks less "muddy." However, more detail needs to be added to the castle in the background, judging by the fact it focussed in the first shot of the render. Although too much detail would draw away from the detailed foreground. I intend to add some clouds with the Fractal Noise effect or simply drawing some in Photoshop, to glide across the moon however the effect will have to be subtle. The colour of the piece needs some variety, so including some "pinkish" elements i.e. the clouds will be relevant.




Test Render 1:

Due to the amazing quality of Youtube's video uploading system, it has enhanced the contrast in this render, as before the colour of the piece was a lot less saturated and "muddy" looking, especially the sky. The foreground was also drowned with fog as the camera pans out, so I will aim to tone down the opacity to reveal the detail of the stream.