Tuesday 8 May 2012

Underwater Mountain Scene

This is the last and final shot of my film. This landscape appears through the cave, however I feel that it needs to be more cinematic. Despite choosing the selected blue and green colour hues for the environment, I feel that the piece loses some atmospheric quality due to the desaturated tones of the layers placed into After Effects.

I am pleased with the composition, however I feel I may need to increase the contrast of the mountains so that the layer stands out against the distant background. More detail needs to be applied to the mountains, which I will do by creating a texture brush on Photoshop and applying it to the crevasses in the rocks. I also feel that the particles need to be a different colour and the Fractal Noise acting as the sunlight needs to be toned down, although I am happy with the smooth animation.