Tuesday 8 May 2012

Inside Cave Render

Important Note - due to Youtube compressing videos, some quality has been lost to my videos uploaded onto my blog.

This shot is quite simple, and like the Outside Cave shot, I will opt to have the camera pan across more slowly. Learning from the previous underwater scenes, I have chosen to use the Particle World effect (Faded Sphere) in the scene, and using the fractal noise as the light rays shining through the water which are animated a lot simpler and smoother than the Outside Cave shot. I am happy with the colour hues and level of contrast emanating from the light source (Light Ray) behind the fractal noise which enhances the contrast of the rock formations framing the cave entrance.

However there is room for improvement; there should be more variation to the particles and when the camera pans across they change direction when the camera zooms in. This can be easily corrected.